YIMBYwiki encompasses issues of land-use, housing, transportation, development, and policy, with particular interest on:
1. questions of how communities can be more inclusive, equitable, liveable, and adaptable.
2. gathering resources on existing and new responses to these issues, e.g. legislation,case studies.
3. developing a "pattern language" of core questions and issues in this field. I.e. "factoring" proposals and discussions into key distinguishable components, e.g. "Value capture," "local control".
4. Finding key arguments, evidence, data, and citeable research / case-studies around core questions/issues identified in (3).
Main Page - has separate desktop & mobile sections
On the main page, we have separate content specific to mobile view, because the MobileFrontend extension used on site gives a stripped-down view without a logo otherwise, and it's not very welcome.
To make this work, the lower section of the page source code, containing the moble view, needs to be preceded by a blank line (for some reason?!) and then:
Due to editor problems noted below, unfortunately the necessary blank line sometimes disappears, in which case it needs to be put back in manually in Source view.
Page status labeling
[suggestion. -admin]. Pages should be labeled "Status: draft" until reaching a state of minimal completeness, then changed to "Status: published].
Use Wikipedia conventions by default
article names / URLS are made with initial word capitalized, subsequent words all-lower-case, unless the title is a proper noun commonly written capitalized.
- display text for a link is usually the same as the target page name (eg "Inclusionary_zoning") except without the underscore characters.